- Ankara Turkey October 2010:
Co-led three day training course on “Communication, Information and Public Diplomacy” for the Minister of EU Affairs funded by the British Embassy and organized through Ecorys Research Consulting Ltd.
- Political Advisor to the Local Government Association: 2009 – 2010:
Advising on Conservative policies and politicians and encouraging greater collaborative working between Conservative local government administrations and the parliamentary party.
- As a Leadership Centre Adviser 2004-12 Christina conducted in-depth support projects in the following local government councils:
Oxfordshire 2011, investigated Big Society and localism and their impact on councillors and officers’ roles;
In Bexley she coached cabinet members;
Havering 2007-11, she scoped the political capacity of the cabinet, coached cabinet members, and advised on a community leadership strategy;
Brighton and Hove 2007-2010, advised on top team working and coached the Leader;
Hounslow 2005-8, she helped develop the cabinet’s political vision, top team working and coached the Leader;
East Sussex 2007-8, she encouraged a defined meaning of ‘community leadership’ and scoped the county and districts relationship;
Isle of Wight 2007-8, coached Leader;
Barnet 2004-5, she advised on top team working and personal development of cabinet members.
- Change Control Programme 2005 – 2010 which aimed, with the support of the LGA, to support newly elected Conservative Administrations.
Other projects with the Leadership Centre for Local Government included several innovative programmes which she devised to improve political performance in local authorities. For example, Language and Place project which aimed to encourage Conservative councillors to use the language of conservatism; Personalized leadership progammes designed for individual Council Leaders; adviser to the Total Place project; and directing the Conservative Connecting Communities programme which aimed to encourage Conservative Councillors to connect with their diverse communities, especially those facing a threat from far right groups.
- The Tomorrow’s Councillor Project 2011- 2013: With Paul Scully MP, she completed a major study, funded by the Leadership Centre for Local Government, which investigated how central government demands were impacting on the role and behaviours of Conservative councillors. The report concluded that the role of councillor was changing with a greater emphasis on citizen enablement and there was a need for greater recognition from Westminster of the role of councillors.
- Honorary Senior Visiting Fellow at the Centre for Performance at Work, Department of Psychology, City University 2009 –2016.
- Contributing lecturer on Political Leadership to the Cass Business School’s MBA programme in 2015 and 2016
- Member of Dame Jane Robert’s Advisory Group on Loss of Political Office, 2012-2016
- Author of the 2005 Conservative general election manifesto for the Third Sector: With Jacqui Lait, then the MP with Shadow Front-bench responsibility for the Third Sector, wrote, the first dedicated manifesto for the Third Sector.
- Special Adviser to the Conservative Parliamentary Friends of India: 2003-8, under chairmen Sir Peter Luff and Nigel Evans MP. She helped organize and escorted several parliamentary trips to India.
- Voluntary Work
Outside the political field Christina offers coaching and support on a voluntary basis to young people who face the prospects of a work career with no certainty as to where they could use their talents.
She has also voluntary supported development sessions to the management of Revolving Doors Agency.
In 2017 Christina contributed to the Royal Yacht Squadron history weekend with a lecture on Sir Philip Hunloke, The Kings Sailing Master.